This awesome recipe was sent in by one of my readers Megan Roberts who is a fantastic cook, she has even worked out how much they will cost you! Thank you so much Megan, you are a legend!!!
Zucchini Pesto Muffins
- 6 free range eggs
- 90gms cream cheese, softened
- 40gms pesto (a large tablespoons worth)
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 decent sized zucchini (150gm each), grated and moisture squezzed out
- 20gms coconut flour
- 20gms almond meal
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- a good pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper
I cost these out on my spreadsheet and for 6 muffins it was NZD $11.80, $3.00 for the free range eggs (at 50c each), $3.00 for the zucchini and $1.40 for the tomato - these two things will get cheaper as the weather gets warmer.