I used my whisk/emulsifying attachment on my Breville Wizz Pro to make this mayonnaise and it is a no fail method!
- 2 small egg yolks (or 1 large)
- Fresh juice of one small lemon or a capful of wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard or Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Cup or so of Extra light Olive Oil
- Freshly cracked pepper and salt to taste (approx 1/2 - 1 tsp)
In the bottom of the whizz you place egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, salt & pepper, add your grated garlic if you are making aioli.
Start the whizz and let it go for 20 seconds or so and then start to add the oil in a nice smooth stream, it will start to emulsify really fast and will get thicker and thicker the more oil you add. Once you've added the cup of oil then pour some boiling hot water in to help thin it out and it will also cook the egg yolk so that the mayo will keep for longer in the fridge.
What you should have is this: Creamy delicious mayo!
You will never go back to mayo from a jar after making this ;)
You can also make it with a hand whizz with this recipe!