Scales reflection!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A few things that I realised after my month challenge of staying off the scales....

I did it! I stayed off for an entire month, this coming from someone who loves numbers, I love to have data that I can keep a track of. It was super hard in the beginning to let go of my attachment to the numbers but I stayed strong and as the days turned into weeks it became a lot easier. I can officially say that I’ve broken the chains to the scale!

Because my morning wasn’t started with a ‘number’ I didn’t have any reason to beat myself up for not being the exact number I thought I should be nor did I feel stoked that I got away with eating crap and my weight hadn’t changed! My day felt normal and I could put effort into just eating well and not thinking about the number.

Now I know that I’m not defined by the scale I feel a better relationship with my body, self love is soo important to helping you make better choices throughout the day!

I will continue to not weigh daily now; it will be a weekly maybe bi-weekly weigh, used only as one form of measurement to keep an eye on my weight.

This has been a really important part of my body acceptance, I know that I will never be some perfect weight and the numbers that I’ve always thought I should be don’t seem to have that power over me anymore, it’s changed how I feel about feeding my body with good food.

6 comments

  1. I hope I can stay away from the scales too! I need to step on them tomorrow to have a new start point though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such a great challenge, it did get easier! You definitely need a start point :)

      Delete
  2. I've been more mindful of not minding the scale also. It's a great feeling to not feel tied to it, dependent upon it, and basing the quality of the day on a number. It bring a certain sense of peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you Diana, that's great to hear, maybe it's something to do with where we are on the journey also, time to let go a little bit! :)

      Delete
  3. I only get on the scales so's I can let others know how I am doing on my blogs. I've been semi primal since the beginning of March and I am averaging a pound a week weight loss. I say "semi" because I have only really given up bread, cakes and etc. I also stopped drinking beer but can just about manage on wine and single malts. 104.3 kgs today and at this rate I will weigh less than my 8 month old grandson in four years time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nigel, when I first started I was always on the scale I think also because I was in serious weight loss mode and needed that measurement to keep me focused, it's only really now that I'm kind of maintaining that I can't be bothered with the scale anymore. Good luck with your weight loss :)

      Delete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.