Gluten Free Cheese Muffins

Monday, June 25, 2012

These were an experimental recipe that happened to turn out pretty damn good.  I love savoury muffins, my mum makes some really yummy ones but they are made with flour, since doing low carb for nearly 4 years it is one thing I do miss so I think these come in a pretty close 2nd! The nutritional profile is pretty good too...they certainly pack a punch!!
Ingredients:
6 eggs
100gms melted butter
1 cup grated egmont cheese or colby, edam etc...
1/2 cup or 60gms sifted coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (if you use unsalted butter)
1 Tbsp italian seasoning
Extra grated cheese for the top - I used parmesan


Preheat oven to fan bake 180C or 350F.  Melt butter and put aside.  Break open 6 eggs and whisk them up, add the sifted coconut flour, baking powder, salt and seasoning and give it a good whisk to get all the lumps out.  Add the melted butter and combine well then add the grated cheese.  Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with a little butter and then pour batter evenly into the cups, top with a little grated parmesan and pop in the preheated oven for 18 minutes.  Should be nice and golden on top!


Makes 12 muffins
Nutritional Profile Per Muffin
Calories: 152
Fat: 12.6
Protein: 5.92
Carb: 3.83
Net Carb: 1.91
Nutritional info has been added to www.myfitnesspal.com - search: Dollfaces Low Carb Cheese Muffins

7 comments

  1. looks great recipe thanks Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see my recipe on my blog recipe section? Sort of like yours but with almond meal as well to cut the coconut texture and flavour. I had one tonight with my bone broth vege soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I didn't! Wish I had've tho, will try yours next time and them maybe hubby will like then better. I love the coconut flavour and texture. I think that cheese muffins are amazing so it's really nice to have them as a treat :)

      Delete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.