Sue's Questions Answered

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I’ve had a few questions in my comments section from Sue, thanks sue! I thought I would do a new post with the answers and that way everyone gets to read it :)

What was it that helped you get into the right mind set to start losing weight?
Good question….What made me start the journey was seeing how big I had become from a photo my husband took. Luckily for me it was enough to start. I was also sick of the ups and downs in energy I had so I knew diet played a huge role in this.
In terms of mind set it’s hard to say…Once I realised all the nice food I could eat I focused on that instead of focusing on the fact I couldn’t eat the high carb foods. I just kept reminding myself about how good I was going to feel in terms of energy also I knew that being smaller would feel so good and believe me it does. Small things like sitting cross legged or just walking past a window that show’s your reflection.
I guess I knew it was also essential for me to lose the weight now before I even thought about starting a family, I wanted to get some really good boundaries in place. Now I know that when I do start a family I can keep myself in shape and also teach them how to eat.

What is Japanese mayo and decaf vienna?

Japanese mayo is kinda hard to explain but it’s just super yummy mayo. It’s actually called Yum Yum sauce on the bottle. I get it from either the ethnic part of the supermarket or asian food supplies.

Decaf Vienna is a long black coffee with lots of whipped cream instead of milk, it’s what I have when we do coffee, which happens quite a lot ;)

Here's a picture of what they are supposed to look like. Mine usually has less cream because I think cafe's don't serve that much cream in them, a true vienna should look like this though.

How do you do your beef, cream, red wine reduction?

I buy a beef reduction from the supermarket, it’s a chef’s speciality item and costs a fortune but you can just make your own with reducing beef stock over a heated pot. Then I add cream and a little red wine and just cook until it reduces into a thick sauce, it’s super yummy and way better than traditional gravy.

4 comments

  1. is that japan mayo the type with a hint of wassabi in it? love wassabi. very thoughful answers, thanks for sharing them! (that coffee,,,wow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, you can get one that is spicy but it's called mustard mayo and it's quite spicy, tastes just like wasabi mayo. The one I get is just plain and I prefer it because then I can add it to everything LOL!! Thought others might like to read my answers and yes the coffee is wow, tastes soo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds nice. Will see if my supermarket sells the yum yum sauce.

    It definitely feels good when you are smaller. I'm trying to lose weight and finding it so hard this type around (yo-yo dieter). Anyway, I'll get there. Thanks for answering my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem sue and yes you will get there!

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.