Day 9 Whole30

Sunday, September 15, 2013


The first week of my Whole30 is done!!! Day 1 feels like a long time ago!  The first few days were pretty tough, quitting dairy and dark chocolate gave me some intense headaches and acne breakouts and general just highs and lows of energy.  I am happy to say that I'm starting to get the energy that the Whole30 talks about! My acne flare up is now disappearing and I'm feeling pretty consistent energy throughout the day.Fingers crossed that Days 10-11 aren't too bad, they talk about it being the hardest of all the days and the days you are most likely to quit! I can't see that happening but I am prepared for the cravings!

I stocked up on loads of food today from the farmers market, butcher and veggie shop.  The best way do be prepared is to have enough food in your fridge and freezer.  I have to say that planning and preparation is key.  I would hate to imagine how you would get on if you didn't have enough veggies and meat in your fridge.  I do a lot of prep work on a Sunday, like chopping up fresh veggies, roasting pumpkin, kumara etc. and cooking a lot of meat so I always have leftovers in the fridge to grab in a pinch.  The biggest excuse I hear from people is that they don't have time and oh it must be nice to have so much time.  It's all about your priorities, if you have time for TV, facebook or the internet then you have time to make good food!  It takes me about an   hour to prepare food for the week, it really is very simple.

Today I really loved the food I ate! Definitely not feeling deprived, however when we went for coffee it was a bit strange not getting a flat white, I opted for a decaf short black and meh I'm just not really a black coffee drinker :(

8.5 hours sleep
7.30am: 2 poached eggs, 2 strips of free range, sugar free bacon, 1/2 avocado, mushrooms and little bit of leftover kumara (sweet potato)
1pm: "Sushi" Made with raw cauliflower rice, tossed with a bit of homemade mayo and sesame oil, filled with sesame seed crusted tuna, avocado and cucumber, topped with coconut aminos.  1 tablespoon of Coconut Manna
3pm: Decaf Short Black
7pm: Lamb and chicken from the Weber BBQ, cumin roasted pumpkin and carrots, green beans and mashed cauliflower with rosemary, ghee and coconut cream.

1 comment

  1. Hi Michelle--I just noticed that you were doing the Whole30 too! It's really nice to see your meals, thanks for sharing (mine are much more boring).
    Good luck, and gratz on week one!

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.